Little Girl Loses Ability to Walk. Horrified Parents Speeds to ER where Doctor Finds Problem in Hair

Imagine the terror as a parent when something suddenly goes wrong with your child. That horror struck for Amanda and Lantz Lewis as their young daughter Evelyn began exhibiting strange symptoms.
Evelyn became very lethargic and had a quickly developing paralysis. The situation was becoming horrifying and urgent: How scary it must have been to see their child suddenly lose her ability to stand.
The parents, not knowing where to turn, videoed her with her symptoms in full swing. It was sent to close family and friends in hope that someone would have an inkling as to what was going on.
With the girl’s condition worsening, her parents took her to the emergency room very soon after posting the video. Luckily, they were seen quickly and were treated by a doctor who had seen this before.

Here’s where the experience factor is worth its weight in gold.

The condition is known as tick paralysis and progresses very quickly. Loss of feeling and movement begins in the legs and spreads to the trunk, arms, and head. If the tick is not discovered and stopped the condition can lead to respiratory distress and even death.
The tick found on Evelyn was not the type that transmits Lyme Disease, but that didn’t make it any less dangerous.
The Lewis family is happy to report that their little girl improved rapidly once the tick was removed.
They certainly don’t want others to go through what they went through on that scary evening. We hope that everyone will keep their eyes open and use proper precautions when combating the dreaded tick!

Our Must See Stories